88 Series AFCO shocks were specifically developed to bring optimum performance, quality, and tunability to the Modified racing market. The shocks incorporate flow-matched billet aluminum pistons that were developed in-house using 5-axis CNC machining technology and EMA dyno capability. Each piston was developed together to minimize hysteresis and utilizes premium quality hardware and shims for balanced response. The steel gas reservoir, or “bulb”, has been weight and size optimized for better fit without increasing pressure gain. The 88 Series IMCA legal shocks utilize the new IMCA “universal” fill port that can be easily changed to a Schrader valve application when sanctioning rules allow. The shocks are 100% owner serviceable or can be serviced by any AFCO shock tuning center for convenient and fast turnaround.
California Proposition 65 Statement
- Smaller 2.5” bulb for better clearance and lighter weight!
- Anodized billet aluminum pistons
- 1/2” (12.7mm) Ultra strong DURox chrome shaft design.
- Optimized gas reservoir is nearly a half-pound lighter than AFCO 75-78 Series shocks.
- Available with Schrader valve or the new IMCA Universal Fill Port.
- Robust sealing system withstands high temperature and heavy debris.
- Nickel plated shock exterior provides un-matched durability and long-term cosmetic appearance.